What is the process to change a minor child’s name?

Logistically, you would need to file a petition to change the name of the child. The name of a minor is something that requires the involvement of the father, even if he is not named on the birth certificate. In other words, you will not be able to legally change the child’s name without notice to him. Frequently, this also involves the issue of determining the paternity of the child with a court order.

Call 214-373-9292 or contact us to discuss your concerns.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *