I was ordered to pay child support, but the child is now living with me. Do I still owe current child support?

The short answer is probably not, as to current child support. If a person ordered to pay child support were to then have the child for whom support was ordered living in his house, then he would have a defense to the child support obligation. In other words, since the point of child support is to provide housing and groceries for the child, if dad (for example) were providing housing and groceries for the child, then he has already discharged his child support obligation.

Call 214-373-9292 or contact us to discuss your concerns.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *