How long may child support arrearages be enforced by Contempt?

A person owing child support may be put in jail for contempt of court for failure to pay child support. A party seeking such relief from the court may do so up to two years after the child becomes an adult or the child support obligation terminates. The old rule only allowed this relief for six months after the child emancipated.

Call 214-373-9292 or contact us to discuss your concerns.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *