How can my common law spouse and I establish that we have been married for a long time?

You and your spouse may go to the local County clerk and file a Declaration of Informal Marriage. This document allows you to declare your marriage as of a particular date. The filing fee varies by county. There may be other documents you should draft to meet your needs as a married couple, such as a will, or various powers of attorney.

Call 214-373-9292 or contact us to discuss your concerns.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *