Can the parents be ordered to meet half way to exchange the child for visitation?

Generally, the visiting parent collects the child at the beginning of the visit at the home of the parent with the right to determine the primary domicile of the child. Texas Family Code Section 153.316. However, the court may make appropriate orders for the exchange of the children at another location. The problems with “meeting half-way” to exchange the children are many, including traffic, car trouble, last minute illness of the child or the parent. The method to bring this situation to the Court’s attention would be a Motion to Modify.

Call 214-373-9292 or contact us to discuss your concerns.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *