Can I file for divorce from my military spouse while he/she is stationed overseas?

If both want a divorce, this is very simple. If you both are not agreeable to the idea and have no agreements about the divorce, it can be very expensive and time consuming. You may file the case, but if the military spouse is not agreeable to service of citation, it is costly and difficult just to do that. Secondly, if the military spouse invokes the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, neither of you will be obligated to appear in court until the military spouse is ready.

Call 214-373-9292 or contact us to discuss your concerns.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *