Can I adopt my step son? His biological mother has not seen or spoken to him in a number of years and she pays no child support.

To accomplish an adoption, you must give notice to the mother of the child. It is possible that the mother would be agreeable, and if she is, she can sign an affidavit to that effect. It depends on the judge concerning whether an attorney would be appointed to represent the child, an attorney ad litem, in a step-parent circumstance. If so, you can expect to pay that attorney as well. Some judges don’t require an attorney ad litem in a step-parent scenario.

Call 214-373-9292 or contact us to discuss your concerns.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *