A name change is available as long as you have not been convicted of a felony, are not now under indictment, not seeking to avoid creditors, the change will benefit you and is in the interest of the public. Texas Family Code section 45.103(a). If you have a felony conviction, you may still ask for a name change, but must show, in addition, that your probation is completed, not less than two years have passed from your discharge or you were pardoned. It is then only at the discretion of the court. See the same statute, section (b).

Call 214-373-9292 or contact us to discuss your concerns.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *